Over the last couple of years, I wrestled with the problem of being motivated and staying that way. But over the past couple of months, it dawned on me why I had lost my motivation and wasn’t getting stuff done. It isn’t the way you do things during the day. It’s the way you start and finish your day. It’s very important that you have a good and strong start to your day. How your day is started is typically the way it going to end.
I’ve put together a list of thing that help me be motivated and active in the mornings. 🙂
- Getting up earlier than your family is a great way to get stuff done. Especially if you’re looking for some quiet time.
- Starting the coffee pot right after you get out of bed (can’t let all the coffee go to waste, now can we).
- Taking a fast shower right after you get up and have already started the coffee pot.
- Making your bed right after you get up, it will help you feel motivated (now you have the first thing to cross off your list).
- Put on your everyday clothes after your shower and stay away from those PJs.
- Make it a daily habit to take your vitamins before you drink your coffee. That way you have one more thing to cross off your list.
- Pick a time in the morning (7:00 a.m. is the time we’ve chosen) when you get all of your kids up and active. If they’re moving, then that will help you stay (or be) motivated.
- Set a time in the morning when you have to get up and start doing your house chores.
- Only go on Facebook or any other Social Media for a limited time. Too much time on the internet can lead to distraction and loss of motivation.
- When it’s time to clean up breakfast dishes set yourself a timer and see how fast you can get it done!
Try doing some of these things and see if they help you with motivation in the mornings.
Just a tip though. Try a couple of them at a time. If you start all of them at once, then you’ll give up on all of them in the end.
What helps you prepare for your day?
This post was written by Catherine, who is currently 15 years old.