A couple of months ago, I discovered a way to be motivated all throughout the afternoon. It’s good to have motivation during the afternoon, mostly because that’s the time when your little ones will be getting tired and will want to lay down. That’s when your time comes and you can start getting stuff done.
I discover that doing your chores and miscellaneous things in the morning (after breakfast is cleaned up) is a great way to get things done. But if you pause and stop with chores, even for 15 minutes, you’ll sooner or later lose interest in finishing up your half completed jobs.
List of tips:
- Find those “Hot Spots” in your house and spend 2 minutes cleaning them. It will help your head feel less cluttered
- Right after you finish with dishes, start vacuuming your floor. Clean floors will make the rest of your home feel a lot cleaner.
- Do your hair and make-up after your hair is dry. If you don’t do your hair, then you run the risk of losing a lot of motivation.
- Scrap out your bedroom and make should all the dirt is picked off the floor.
- Put on your socks, preferably shoes.
- Sweep your floor at least once a day (preferably in the morning). A clean floor feels wonderful!
- Do all of your laundry before lunch rolls around. It’s very important to have all of the hard chores done before playtime comes by.
- Do a light clean on your bathroom. If your bathroom is clean it will give a glow to everything else in your home.
- Know what you’re going to eat for lunch and dinner.
- Clear off your fridge door and clean it. Your kitchen will feel brighter.
Doing most (if not all) of your chores and housework before lunchtime will help how smoothly the rest of the day goes.
Just a tip though. Don’t panic if some of your housework isn’t finished on time. You always have the rest of the day and tomorrow to finish. Also, it doesn’t matter how fast you do it. It’s how cheerful you are when you do it that counts!
What helps you do your housework?
Written by Catherine, 15 years old. 🙂
Leave a Reply